CIAL Browser is a try to implement a web browser close to MobileSafari for both iPhone and iPad !
The goal of this code is to provide a basis for implementing a web browser in your applications with some advanced features (customizable long taps menu, bookmark, …) !
Here is a list of features supported by CIALBrowser :
- Design close to Mobile Safari (iOS 4.x) native application (for both iPhone and iPad)
- Bookmark support (support for folders in bookmarks not implemented yet)
- Mail link support
- Print web page support
- Long tap handling (open or copy link)
What is missing
What is missing to be closer to Mobile safari application :
- No multi pages support ( https://github.com/100grams/HGPageScrollView could be a good start point to add this)
- No blue progress bar over url text field
- No google search text field
- No save of history
- No proposal when entering an already visited URL in the address text field
- No support for server with untrusted certificates (need to ask the user what to do and to handle security exceptions)
- Not showing the title of the page and the lock in case of https pages
- on iPhone, the bar is locked on the screen (while it is disappearing when loading done in Mobile Safari)
Forks, patches and other feedback are more than welcome.
Copyright (C) 2011 by CodeIsALie
Licensed under the MIT license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php