ZipArchive is a simple utility class for zipping and unzipping files on iOS, macOS and tvOS.
- Unzip zip files;
- Unzip password protected zip files;
- Unzip AES encrypted zip files;
- Create zip files;
- Create password protected zip files;
- Create AES encrypted zip files;
- Choose compression level;
- Append to existing zip files;
- Zip-up NSData instances. (with a filename)
Installation and Setup
The main release branch is configured to support Objective C and Swift 3+.
SSZipArchive works on Xcode 7-9 and above, iOS 8-11 and above.
- Add the
minizip folders to your project.
- Add the
libz library to your target
SSZipArchive requires ARC.
[SSZipArchive createZipFileAtPath:zipPath withContentsOfDirectory:sampleDataPath];
[SSZipArchive unzipFileAtPath:zipPath toDestination:unzipPath];
SSZipArchive.createZipFileAtPath(zipPath, withContentsOfDirectory: sampleDataPath)
SSZipArchive.unzipFileAtPath(zipPath, toDestination: unzipPath)
SSZipArchive is protected under the MIT license and our slightly modified version of Minizip 1.2 is licensed under the Zlib license.
- Big thanks to aish for creating ZipArchive. The project that inspired SSZipArchive.
- Thank you @soffes for the actual name of SSZipArchive.
- Thank you @randomsequence for implementing the creation support tech.
- Thank you @johnezang for all his amazing help along the way.