What is the HERE Mobile SDK UI Kit (MSDKUI)?
The HERE Mobile SDK UI Kit (MSDKUI) is a framework that provides modular and highly customizable user interface components that can be used on top of the HERE SDKs for iOS and Android (Premium Edition).
Rapidly build beautiful UIs for common use cases and scenarios within minutes. Version 2.x of the HERE Mobile SDK UI Kit (MSDKUI) will mainly focus on route planning, maneuver details and guidance. More components will follow subsequently with the next releases.
- Modular UI building blocks
- Native support for iOS and Android (including Interface Builder on iOS and Layout Editor on Android Studio)
- Ready-made styles for each component, adaptable on-the-fly
- Full support for all device orientations and screen sizes
- Already localized for 14+ languages
- Full accessibility support including voice over for customers with special needs
- Designed for the HERE SDKs for iOS and Android (Premium Edition)
The HERE Mobile SDK UI Kit (MSDKUI) comes with various high- and low-level components supporting core use cases around the HERE Mobile SDK. Along with these components we deliver a rich set of supportive controls and tailored data structures to further reduce your development cost. All components can be freely arranged in your layouts and are highly customizable. More components will be delivered as part of the next releases. We already provide UI-centric support for the following features:
- Waypoint list (start, stop, incl. support for stopovers, drag & drop sorting)
- Transport mode panel (to select transport type)
- Traffic options panel
- Different route options (including different sub-views for trucks like tunnel or hazardous goods)
- Travel time options and picker (to select departure or arrival times)
- Route description item (shows localized route details including user options)
- Route description list (shows alternative routes in an overview)
- Localized maneuver instructions and icons assembled out of the raw route data
- Maneuver item view (shows actions and turns)
- Maneuver table view (shows maneuver details of a route in an overview)
- Localized guidance instructions and icons assembled out of the raw route data
- Guidance maneuver view to show upcoming actions and turns during navigation - an additional component is available to show the maneuver actions after the next maneuver
- Guidance street label view (shows the street a driver is currently on)
- Guidance estimated arrival view (displays estimated arrival information, such as estimated arrival time (ETA), estimated time to destination, and remaining travel distance)
- Guidance speed / guidance speed limit views (shows current speed and speed limit information)
The HERE Mobile SDK UI Kit (MSDKUI) is already fully localized for the following languages:
- Chinese (Taiwan)
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Spain)
The HERE Mobile SDK UI Kit (MSDKUI) components are available for iOS and Android. The required HERE Mobile SDK is Version 3.19.3, only the Premium edition is supported. HERE Mobile SDK UI Kit (MSDKUI) supports scooter routing. Please, make sure to extend your license key if you want to include scooter routing in your app.
- The HERE Mobile SDK UI Kit (MSDKUI) supports Xcode 13.1 or higher, Swift 5.5.1 and CocoaPods 1.11.2 or higher.
- Minimum deployment target is iOS 12.0.
Please have a look at our Quick Start tutorial to see how easy it is to integrate the HERE Mobile SDK UI Kit (MSDKUI) into your own apps. More information on how to use the HERE Mobile SDK UI Kit (MSDKUI) can be found in our User Guide. Information on how to contribute to this project can be found in our Contribution Guide.
- The latest API Reference can be found here.
- Release Notes: All recent additions, more details about the current release and the differences to previous versions can be found in the Release Notes.
- You can find various examples and code snippets accompanying the Developer's Guide.
- A more complex and fully functional demo app can be found in this repository.
The MSDKUI project will be discontinued as it is incompatible with the new 4.x HERE SDK releases. The HERE team does not plan any additional feature implementation for the future. This repository will stay online and it can still be forked and used for commercial or non-commercial projects, but we plan only limited maintenance work from now on. We recommend all users to migrate to the new 4.x HERE SDK releases. Thanks to all users who contributed to the MSDKUI project!
Get in Touch
We are happy to hear your feedback. Please contact us for any questions, suggestions or improvements. Thank you for your using the HERE Mobile SDK UI Kit (MSDKUI).
Copyright (C) 2017-2021 HERE Europe B.V.
See the LICENSE file in the root of this project for license details.