Version 2.5.0 - October 2017
- Added boundsMode to the Autocomplete APIs to enable bounds restriction.
- Support for Xcode 7.3 has been dropped. The new minimum is Xcode 8.0.
Version 2.4.0 - August 2017
- The Add Place feature is deprecated as of June 30, 2017. This feature will
be turned down on June 30, 2018, and will no longer be available after that
- The armv7s architecture in the frameworks has been removed. Devices which
previously used armv7s are still supported using the armv7 architecture.
All applications using the default architecture settings in any supported
version of Xcode should not notice any change.
- The layout of the static frameworks has changed. There is no longer a
Versions directory. The contents of Versions/A has been moved to the root
directory of the framework. Developers who manually integrate frameworks
with their project should take additional care during the upgrade.
- Support for Xcode 7.3 will be dropped with 2.5.0.
Version 2.3.1 - June 2017
- Fixed an issue resulting in a crash when receiving photos for certain
Version 2.3.0 - May 2017
- Dropped support for iOS 7.
- The armv7s architecture in the frameworks will be removed in 2.4. Devices
which previously used armv7s can continue to be supported using the armv7
architecture. All applications using the default architecture settings
in any supported version of Xcode shouldn't notice any change.
Version 2.2.0 - February 2017
- Fixes an issue where the Autocomplete error delegate method was not called
in all conditions.
- iOS 7 support is intended to be dropped starting with 2.3. 2.2.x will be
the last release series to support iOS 7.
Version 2.1.1 - November 2016
- Reduces the timeout on calls to
currentPlace(callback:) to match android.
Version 2.1.0 - September 2016
- Added workaround for the
userEmail triggering false positives during
submission to the Apple app store.
- Errors returned from lookUpPlaceID(_:callback:) now have the correct error
domain and codes.
- Small fixes to RTL support in the place picker.
- Minor reliability improvements for the autocomplete widget and place picker.
Version 2.0.1 - July 2016
- Array properties are now correctly typed when accessed from Swift.
Version 2.0.0 - July 2016
- This release splits the Places API from the Maps SDK. Previously, if you
wanted to use the Places API you had to include all of GoogleMaps. As a
result of the split, the final size of the Places API binary is 70% smaller
than the previous combined binary. If you are using only the Maps SDK you
will not be affected unless you have pinned your dependency on GoogleMaps
to a version earlier than 2.0. In this case, you should update this
restriction in your Podfile. If you are using the Places API, see the
migration guide online for more details.
- The Places framework is now available as a download for manual installation.
For details, see the get started guide online.
- The Places API no longer requests permission to access the user's location
on behalf of the app. This means that existing code which calls
GMSPlacesClient.currentPlaceWithCallback(_:) must be updated to ensure that
the location permission has been granted beforehand.