Version 2.5.0 - October 2017
- Improved iOS 11 & iPhone X support.
- Fixed UI layout issues in the Place Picker when used on iOS 11.
- Fixed an issue where Xcode 9's Main Thread Checker warns that [UIApplication
applicationState] is being called on a background thread.
- Support for Xcode 7.3 has been dropped. The new minimum is Xcode 8.0.
Version 2.4.0 - August 2017
- The armv7s architecture in the frameworks has been removed. Devices which
previously used armv7s are still supported using the armv7 architecture.
All applications using the default architecture settings in any supported
version of Xcode should not notice any change.
- The layout of the static frameworks has changed. There is no longer a
Versions directory. The contents of Versions/A has been moved to the root
directory of the framework. Developers who manually integrate frameworks
with their project should take additional care during the upgrade.
- Support for Xcode 7.3 will be dropped with 2.5.0.
Version 2.3.1 - June 2017
- Updated for compatibility with GoogleMaps/GooglePlaces 2.3.1
Version 2.3.0 - May 2017
- Expanded the number of scenarios where you can use the place picker with the
addition of GMSPlacePickerViewController. The old GMSPlacePicker is now
- Dropped support for iOS 7, which enabled the use of modern core data
threading models. This means that applications should be able to use
-com.apple.CoreData.ConcurrencyDebug 1 when debugging with iOS 10 devices.
- The armv7s architecture in the frameworks will be removed in 2.4. Devices
which previously used armv7s can continue to be supported using the armv7
architecture. All applications using the default architecture settings
in any supported version of Xcode shouldn't notice any change.
Version 2.2.0 - February 2017
- Fixes an issue where the Place Picker viewport was not being centered
- iOS 7 support is intended to be dropped starting with 2.3. 2.2.x will be
the last release series to support iOS 7.
Version 2.1.1 - November 2016
- Fixes an issue which caused rotation of the place picker to move the marker.
Version 2.1.0 - September 2016
- Added workaround for the
userEmail triggering false positives during
submission to the Apple app store.
- Errors returned from lookUpPlaceID(_:callback:) now have the correct error
domain and codes.
- Small fixes to RTL support in the place picker.
- Minor reliability improvements for the autocomplete widget and place picker.
Version 2.0.1 - July 2016
- Array properties are now correctly typed when accessed from Swift.
Version 2.0.0 - July 2016
! This release splits the Places API from the Maps SDK. Previously, if you
wanted to use the Places API you had to include all of GoogleMaps. As a
result of the split, the final size of the Places API binary is 70% smaller
than the previous combined binary. If you are using only the Maps SDK you
will not be affected unless you have pinned your dependency on GoogleMaps
to a version earlier than 2.0. In this case, you should update this
restriction in your Podfile. If you are using the Places API, see the
migration guide online for more details.
- The Places framework is now available as a download for manual installation.
For details, see the get started guide online.
- The Places API no longer requests permission to access the user's location
on behalf of the app. This means that existing code which calls
GMSPlacesClient.currentPlaceWithCallback(_:) must be updated to ensure that
the location permission has been granted beforehand.
- Items denoted with an '!' may indicate a backwards incompatible change.