2.7.1 (July, 12, 2017)
EILBackgroundIndoorLocationManager will inform if BLE background capability is incorrectly configured.
- Fixed nullability warning for
- Fixed an issue where Light positioning mode would not start on iPods and older iPads.
CAN BREAK BUILD: provideOrientationForLightMode default value is NO.
2.7.0 (June, 30, 2017)
- Improved positioning accuracy & responsiveness for Light mode
CAN BREAK BUILD: Changed default positioning mode to Light
2.6.0 (June, 2, 2017)
EILBackgroundIndoorLocationManager. It provides the users’ position when the app is in background. It also can restart the app when the user re-enters a given location, if the app was killed by iOS or the user.
2.5.0 (May, 16, 2017)
- Improved positioning accuracy & responsiveness for smaller locations.
- Slightly improved positioning responsiveness for larger locations.
2.4.0 (April, 12, 2017)
- Fixed license agreement.
- The SDK will automatically fetch the most up-to-date parameters of the positioning algorithm. This means that there is no need to update the SDK to support newer revisions of beacons hardware.
220.127.116.11 (February, 21, 2017)
- Fixed problem with compatibility with Estimote SDK 4.13.1.
2.3.3 (February, 9, 2017)
- Fixed a major responsiveness and positioning issue that occurred on iOS 10 devices while navigating inside locations with large number of beacons.
2.3.2 (December, 16, 2016)
- Fixed an edge case bug affecting some of the users.
2.3.1 (November, 10, 2016)
- Fixed enabling and disabling orientation in Light Mode.
2.3.0 (October, 28, 2016)
- Increased Indoor Light navigation mode position granularity, resulting in better accuracy.
- Indoor Light is now more stable when the user is not moving.
- Added information about orientation to Indoor Light.
- Added SpriteKit based EILIndoorLocationScene with built in zoom in/out, rotate and pan gestures handling.
2.2.1 (May, 2, 2016)
- Fixed a bug resulting in EILIndoorLocationManager sometimes not providing updates after start.
2.2.0 (April, 1, 2016)
- We improved how we detect walking direction. It also improves the accuracy of positioning quite a bit!
CAN BREAK BUILD: We reorganized and updated resources - all possible beacon colors and resolutions are covered now.
2.1.0 (February, 3, 2016)
EILIndoorLocationManager can provide position update in two different modes. In addition to normal mode, light mode delivers stable, but a bit less responsive position updates. Has a very low system resource usage.
EILLocationBuilder beacons can be placed at arbitrary positions.
- Added request for modifying locations in Estimote Cloud.
- Updated resources with all resolutions.
2.0.1 (November, 16, 2015)
- Fixed a bug with EILIndoorLocationManager not starting at all, if it was started while the application was in Inactive state.
2.0.0 (November, 6, 2015)
- Prefix was changed from EST to EIL.
- Updated dependency to Estimote iOS SDK 3.8.0.
EILIndoorLocationManager to provide position updates is separated into three layers now:
start to warm-up
EILIndoorLocationManager to deliver earlier location states and position updates later on.
startMonitoringForLocation: to enable checking inside-outside location state. You can monitor multiple locations at the same time.
startPositionUpdatesForLocation: to obtain real-time position updates.
- Mapping tool is no longer present in SDK, use Estimote Indoor Location app to access most recent version of the mapping tool instead.
- Managing locations in Estimote Cloud is no longer handled by
EILIndoorLocationManager. Use dedicated request classes. See README for more information.
1.6.0 (June, 9, 2015)
- Significant improvements to user orientation within location, making the positioning more accurate and less error prone.
- Generic improvements to ESTIndoorLocationView, giving user more control over location drawing.
1.5.0 (May, 26, 2015)
- Added methods for fetching nearby public locations from Estimote Cloud. You can also fetch a single location (your or public) from the cloud by its identifier. For example, if you want to get your hands on the “living-room”, you can now do so without fetching all the locations and filtering the array manually.
- It is now possible to convert the picture coordinates (as seen on the ESTIndoorLocationView, e.g. x=110px, y=50px) to real coordinates (e.g. x=2.2m, y=1m).
- ESTLocationBuilder is now more robust: it provides meaningful errors should something go wrong creating a location.
1.4.0 (April, 23, 2015)
- If you're outside a mapped location, the app will detect that much more quickly.
- If your position is off, we’ll recover it much faster when you’re close to the beacons.
1.3.0 (April, 10, 2015)
- Locations can be stored in the cloud.
- We are now providing accuracy of determined position. IndoorLocationManager delegate method
indoorLocationManager:didUpdatePosition:inLocation: is now deprecated. Instead of it, use
ESTPositionView.h was added to provide example usage of determined position accuracy.
- Added IndoorLocationManager delegate method to tell that delegate is ready and will start updating position (
- Meaningful error codes are provided when IndoorLocationManager fails to update position (described in
Please note that iPod is no longer supported due to absence of magnetometer.
1.2.1 (March 17, 2015)
- The Estimote Indoor SDK now works better in large locations.
1.2.0 (March 3, 2015)
- Major improvements in user's orientation within location. Orientation in position reported via [ESTIndoorLocationManagerDelegate indoorLocationManager:didUpdatePosition:inLocation:] is less error-prone and more responsive to user's rotation.
- Updated dependency to Estimote iOS SDK 2.4.0.
1.1.2 (January 30, 2015)
- Removing warnings during linking.
1.1.1 (January 22, 2015)
1.1.0 (January 21, 2015)
- Improvements to accuracy and stability of localisation.
- Greater responsiveness for 32-bit devices (iPhone 5C and older)
- New functionality in ESTIndoorLocationView: helper methods to calculate view coordinates based on real coordinates, cropping view to rectangular region of interest
CAN BREAK BUILD: change in way of setting up appID and appToken. Use
[ESTConfig setupAppID:andAppToken:] instead of
CAN BREAK BUILD: change in Estimote SDK version dependency (2.3.2)
CAN BREAK BUILD: new requirement for the library. Application needs to add
-lc++ to Other Linker Flags (project's Build Settings).
1.0.0 (September 23, 2014)